CAM's End Statement from the Summit Spring 2008

“Because of CAM International there will be…

Among Spanish-speaking people worldwide

a growing number of biblically mature believers

who make disciples globally.”

CAM CONVOCATION 2009 COUNTDOWN

T2 TRANSFORMED TO TRANSFORM

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Midsummernight Dream by Rod Fry

Walking on a time line, between dimensions

Of light and space, a wheel of colors

Spinning around, a mirrored reflection

In a sea of glass and memory.

A bright, dark sky with soft clouds

Floating by, headed who knows where,

Bright stars shout out loud

As night becomes day, or so it seems.

As thoughts so dark and deep and clear

Such that I cannot fully express

Bombard my mind, a mix of fondness and fear,

Impressions, feelings, hopes, dreams.

As the passing years become as days

All strung out like a pattern repeated,

Conceived, designed, fashioned, replayed

Over and over and over again.

I sit myself down in a quiet enough place,

As I've done before, to peer into the night

To examine, refine, reject, and replace

This swirling of faces, ideas, beliefs.

I am alone, and I feel all the pain

Of living with so many questions.

How in the world will I ever regain

A conscience complete, a soul satisfied?

I've traveled far, and I bear the scars

Of too many unanswered pleas.

Is it too early to finish, too late to start...

Experiencing what I say I believe?

The clouds run away, and I hear the wind say

As it rustles and whistles my name,

That I just have to wait, there will come a day,

When all that is dark will be clear.

I will seek, then, to live what I know and believe,

Content not to know the whole plan;

Seeking to love those You've given to me,

Staking my life on the vows You have made.

Run 'cross the sky, clouds fringed with silver

Reflecting the light of the moon.

I will seek the Sun; the light that delivers

My soul from its twilight fears.

Rod with his wife Mayra and their 3 children serve in Mexico City, Mexico

No comments: