CAM's End Statement from the Summit Spring 2008

“Because of CAM International there will be…

Among Spanish-speaking people worldwide

a growing number of biblically mature believers

who make disciples globally.”

CAM CONVOCATION 2009 COUNTDOWN

T2 TRANSFORMED TO TRANSFORM

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Card Stamping in Guatemala


Several weeks ago, I invited the CAM missionary ladies over to my house for the afternoon to make some homemade cards. I have been graciously given some stamping supplies, card stock, half completed cards, stamps, ink and even paper by several ladies in the states. These stamping friends of mine have blessed me and I wanted to bless my CAM missionary community. Pictured below is Jayme Spaugh who joined us.

Cindy Spaugh and Jenny Adams enjoying an afternoon of creativity.

We had 2 works stations going on where we could stamp, cut and paste.

Elisa Sywulka

Jenny Adams

It was a fun afternoon of learning new techniques and sharing our creativity. We decided to do this again in October and/or November and concentrate on Christmas Cards.

Missionaries are constantly needing to correspond with those who pray and financially support them. And what better way to show appreciation than to create a card.

It is all in the aspect of layering. I have handy a glue stick to use to layer the different shapes and tags that go on to the card. I have used chalk, pens, pencils and markers to highlight the coloring on each card. Different scissors can be used to add uniqueness to the card. I’ve even used torn paper to enhance the card.

Embellishment is also a key aspect of decorating each card. My favorite is using eyelets or brads. Bows and ribbons can add dimension to each card. I’ve gone to Home Depot to purchase window stripping that I use to encase and “bring out” objects on the card. Wires can be used as embellishment too.

by

Judy Stewart

CAM Missionary in Guatemala


No comments: