CAM's End Statement from the Summit Spring 2008

“Because of CAM International there will be…

Among Spanish-speaking people worldwide

a growing number of biblically mature believers

who make disciples globally.”

CAM CONVOCATION 2009 COUNTDOWN

T2 TRANSFORMED TO TRANSFORM

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cindy's Crafts

Cindy Spaugh serves with CAM in Guatemala with her husband Ken. Below are some pictures of her crafts that she does and that she teaches to the women as an outreach

She writes, "My first quilt was a jean quilt for our son Kyle. (I want to make a large quilt for each of our four children.) I made a small lap quilt for daughter Jayme (called a 'topper'). Right now I am hand quilting my third large quilt - a Queen size, 'whole cloth' quilt for Erin and Scott (daughter and son-in-law). I designed the quilt, drew the design on the fabric and am now in the process of hand quilting it, hoping to have it done in time for Christmas. Here is a picture of the hand appliquéd quilt (again Queen size) that I made for our son Drew and his wife Rachel (my second quilt)."

Cross Stitched: Bag Ladies

I have done many cross-stitch pictures, and for years, gave them away as presents. The last few things I've done, I decided that I wanted to make them for my house. I like to use either 18 or 22 count fabric, because it makes the picture look more like a painting instead of cross-stitch.

Crochet. Within the last year, I have made several baby bonnets and matching bib sets to sell to help Alfa y Omega in Patzún.

Temari Balls: I started making Temari balls (a Japanese art) last year. They are made with Styrofoam balls, covered with at least 250 yards of regular sewing thread, then with thicker embroidery thread (what the Guatemalan's use on their quipiles) a design is embroidered on it. They are not made with ribbon, although some look like ribbon. So far I've made about 20 of them, but have given most of them away as presents.


For about 10 years, I have gone to a 'neighborhood' craft group once a week - to get to know other women and be able to do' friendship evangelism'. Over the years, the women have done many different projects. (One of the women was saved about 2 years ago. It's great to see her grow in the Lord. She's like a sponge! Her husband just recently began attending a Bible Study, because he wants to know more about the God that has changed her life.) A year and a half ago, I started going to a crochet group each week also. Again the purpose is to be with women to be able to witness to them."

No comments: